Monday 18 August 2014

Day 11 of Recovery

I slept in until about 1pm on day 11 of my recovery, which is ridiculously late but I'm recovering from jaw surgery so I'll do whatever I want. I got up & got dressed but decided that it was probably best to just start immediately with lunch rather than breakfast considering the time. I came downstairs to find that my Glossybox had been delivered, which cheered me up as well.




For lunch I had the last of the homemade Cauliflower, Cheese and Bacon soup that me and Rich made. For pudding Nan had sent round a bowl of stewed apple (it sounds a bit grim but in reality it's amazing). I had a mug of stewed apple, thinned with boiling water and then sieved to get any large lumps out, with about half a teaspoon of brown sugar stirred in to sweeten it slightly more.

After lunch I went round my Nan's to visit her and her partner and we spent an hour or two chatting and working on a jigsaw puzzle, which was very relaxing.




For tea Mom made me Cauliflower Cheese (heavy on the thin cheese sauce and blended [of course]) and it tasted so familiar and "solid" (if that makes any sense whatsoever) so that really cheered me up. I've been adding salt to literally everything over the last few days though as my sense of taste is somewhat muted at the moment. For pudding I had a Munch Bunch Drinky+ (if they're still called that) drinking yoghurt.

After tea my aunt and uncle visited and they bought me some flowers and a pack of M&S Percy Pig juice, which I'm excited to try and am desperately hoping tastes like real Percy Pig sweets. They stayed for an hour or two chatting about everything and it was nice to catch up with them.







I spent the remainder of the evening just relaxing in front of the telly and then went up to bed at about 11:30pm. With my newly found facial movement I managed to take a few photos of the wiring holding my jaws together but it looks disappointingly minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment