Thursday 14 August 2014

Day 7 of Recovery - One Week Post-Op!

The 14th August marked the end of my first week post-jaw surgery. I slept very well and woke up late at about 11am, just as my Nan arrived for a visit.

I got washed and dressed then headed downstairs for my antibiotics and breakfast yoghurt. After Nan had left I decided to make a smoothie. I blended one whole banana, 3 strawberries, 1 tablespoon of frozen raspberries, 6 blueberries and quite a lot of almond milk then strained it through a fine sieve to get rid of any annoying little seeds. It was really delicious but quite difficult to drink as it was fairly thick so I only managed to drink one glass of it before I got a bit fed up. There's nothing like a cat in a dinosaur costume to cheer you up when you're feeling down though!





I headed back upstairs and finally unpacked my hospital bag and tidied around my room a bit. It was great to finally get everything back in order but the tidying did wear me out.

At 2pm I had a nice long soak in the bath and having been given the go ahead from my consultant yesterday to remove my drain plasters I soaked those off and gave my hair a proper thorough wash, which was great. There was quite a lot of dried blood around my drain sites on my neck that I found really difficult to get off without scrubbing hard at the delicate skin but in the end I found the best method was to thoroughly soak a cotton pad with Bioderma, hold it on the skin for a few seconds then firmly wipe it away. This got the majority of the blood off but any really stubborn patches I left as I didn't want to scrub too hard around the scabs.

Once I was out of the bath and scrubbed up clean Dad took some photos on the good camera to show my face one week post-op; my After Photos, if you like...




























At 4pm my aunt and my cousin came to visit and came bearing the gift of loads of Disney DVDs, most of which I'd never seen so I was excited to watch those. My cousin got his A Level results today and was accepted in to Oxford so I was really pleased for him!

For my tea I had a can of Heinz cream of tomato soup and melted a Dairylea triangle in to it, which tasted just like cheese & tomato pizza; amazing! I had to thin it out once I'd melted the cheese in but I managed to drink almost the whole can by myself, which felt like quite an achievement.






After tea my friend popped round for a catch up and stayed for an hour or two, which was really nice as I hadn't seen her in over a week. When she left I painted my nails (using the Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish - expect a post of its own sometime soon) and my multicoloured manicure cheered me up no end.




I headed up to bed at about 11:30pm but I couldn't get to sleep until about 2am so I watched a lot of YouTube videos and programmes on iPlayer until I felt sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment